ArtSage: Connector, Convener, Catalyst
- Trained 105 teaching artists to adapt skills and approach to work with older adults in a variety of community and care settings, reaching hundreds of older adults with high-quality arts activities each year.
- Consulted with 21 Minnesota arts organizations in all disciplines and in all areas of the state to help them develop compelling and engaging arts programming for older adults.
- Launched a pilot project with Ecumen, one of the region’s largest providers of continuum-of-care housing services to develop evidence-informed arts programs for older adults at all care levels that can be replicated in all their communities.
- Hosted the Upper Midwest’s first-ever Arts & Aging Conference and Showcase that attracted 200+ participants to Saint Paul to hear local and national speakers and take part in lively showcases by ArtSage-trained teaching artists.
- Held Intro to Arts & Aging Workshops in seven communities across Minnesota that provide a gateway into the field of arts and aging and lay the groundwork for local collaboration and partnerships.
- Developed SageConnect™, a revolutionary interactive and searchable database now under construction that will function as an accessible one-stop shop for the arts and aging “marketplace.”
ArtSage Needs YOU!
Whether you’re an elder, artist, caregiver, staff member or volunteer with an arts organization or senior-serving organization—ArtSage needs you!
If you believe in ArtSage and our arts and aging mission, you can make a HUGE difference, connecting Minnesotans 55+ with meaningful and engaging arts activities—singing, dancing, visual arts, writing, and storytelling. All of these art forms can help older adults stay healthier and happier in the second half of life.
We’re building a growing arts and aging network for Minnesota—help us meet our fundraising goals by joining ArtSage today!
Thanks for your support—every dollar counts!